One of the most common injuries at home and at work is injuries to the back. But when you know how to avoid injuring your back, you are going to find that you are able to do things that you want to do without risking injury to your back. Here are some of the things that you should remember when you are trying to avoid hurting your back when you are doing things around the house and at work.
- Tip 1 – When you are trying to get objects from over the height of your shoulder, make sure you’re using a ladder. .
- Tip 2 – Don’t reach for objects unless you know for certain that you are going to be able to lift it.
- Tip 3 – Do not bend over something that you are going to lift. Bend at the knee and squat down in front of the item so that you don’t lift with your back.
- Tip 4 –Lift the item slowly, using the muscles in your arms and your legs to lift it instead of using your back to pull it.
- Tip 5 – Keep the head up and staring straight ahead when you are lifting the item, as well as keeping the item as close to the body as you possibly can.
These are five tips that you can use in order to help avoid injuring your back when you are moving items and getting them down from shelves. Remember these tips when you’re doing things like this and you’ll find that you’re able to do them without hurting your back and injuring yourself. A lot of people would do a lot better if they would follow these tips when picking up and lifting items at home and at work instead of trying to do it the wrong way and regretting it later.